Motorbike Trailer Safety Guide
Adelaide Trailer Hire Safe Towing Guide.
ALL INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS DOCUMENT IS TO BE USED AS A GUIDE ONLY. IT IS THE HIRER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE TO SAFELY TOW AND OPERATE THE TRAILERS OR EQUIPMENT.
Extra care must be taken when using a motorbike trailer. Motorbikes can be very heavy and awkward to manoeuvre on and off of a trailer. Always have at least two people to load and unload the motorbike trailer.
Loading / unloading a motorbike
- Ensure the trailer is coupled to a vehicle so that it can’t tip or roll away.
- Line up the ramp on a flat surface, ensuring it is securely attached to the trailer using a strap.
- Ensure the bottom of the bike will clear the ramp angle without bottoming out.
- Use a safety step to climb on and off of the trailer to prevent straining your back.
- Never ride the bike up the ramp, have 2 people load the bike under control using the bikes brakes.
Note: If the bike bottoms out at the top of the ramp, the bike can stop instantly and tip or cause injury. Use caution and have 2 people control the vehicle at all times.
How to secure a motorbike to a trailer
- Strap down the front wheel to prevent rear movement.
- Strap down the rear wheel to prevent forward movement.
- Strap down the handle bar area to prevent side to side movement.
- Check your straps regularly during travel as they can loosen or break.
Note: Always use rated tie downs that are in good condition and fit for purpose.
Adelaide Trailer Hire’s Safe Towing Guide
Trailer Safe Towing Guides
Adelaide Trailer Hire offers an extensive range of trailer safety guides.
Our trailer safety guides include: Before you tow, How to check your car’s tow rating, Connecting a trailer, Loading a trailer, Towing a trailer, Long distance towing, Manual handling, Standard trailer brakes, Electric trailer brakes, How to use a jockey wheel, Trailer ramp user guide, How to use a ratchet strap, Sack truck user guide, Legal overhang guide, Car trailer safety, Motorbike trailer safety guide, Tipper trailer safety guide and more.
All Hire Trailers
6×4 Box Trailer Hire, 6×4 Caged Trailer Hire, 7×5 Caged Trailer Hire, 8×5 Box Trailer Hire, 8×5 Caged Trailer Hire, 8×6 Box Trailer Hire, 8×6 Caged Trailer Hire, 10×6 Caged Trailer Hire, 8×5 Enclosed Trailer Hire, Furniture Trailer Hire, Motorbike Trailer Hire, Hydraulic Tipper Trailer Hire, Car Trailer Hire, Flatbed Trailer Hire, Camper Trailer Hire, VMS Trailer Sign Hire and Trailer Equipment & Accessories.
SELECT A HIRE LOCATION TO BEGIN
Other Trailer Services
Adelaide Trailer Centre – North & South of Adelaide, South Australia
Adelaide Trailer Hire – South Australian Local & Interstate Trailer Rental Service.
Adelaide Trailer Shop – Quality Trailer Parts & Accessories.
Adelaide Trailer Repairs – Trailer & Caravan Servicing & Repairs.
SA Custom Trailers – New Custom & Commercial Trailer Sales.